7 Rejuvenation, relaxation and prime tourism destinations for 2023!
New Delhi: Traveling is a terrific way to relax and rejuvenate, besides de-stressing you, it can give you memories of a lifetime.
However, deciding the destination is always tricky, be it a leisure trip or one filled with adventure, as there are countless destinations that draw thousands of travelers every year.
Though 2022 was a year when the world began to open up again after more than two years of travel restrictions due to the unprecedented pandemic. What better way to embrace this independence than to travel and see new places!
While most travel enthusiasts had been denied the opportunity to visit exotic destinations across the globe during the period of the pandemic, the restrictions are finally over and globe-trotters can now fulfil their wishes in the year 2023.
Alapati Krishna Mohan, MD-Southern Travels shares the list of countries which must be on your hit list for a vacation in 2023.
1) Vietnam: A popular destination for tourists and one of the more affordable nations to visit from India, you will surely experience a feeling of satisfaction on your visit to Vietnam; thanks to the country’s tremendous natural beauty, culture, and history.
Adventure activities like sightseeing, boat or yacht cruises, market tours, caving, cultural tours, island tours, and wildlife tours are popular among tourists. Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Sapa, NhaTrang, the Mekong Delta, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ha Long Bay are only a few of the must-see locations in Vietnam.
2) Cambodia: Rich historic heritage, magnificent temples, delectable cuisine, stunning beaches and islands, hospitable inhabitants, and vibrant nightlife are the key attractions in Cambodia. Everyone appears to be discussing the neighbouring nations of Thailand and Vietnam all the time, whereas Cambodia is frequently forgotten. If you enjoy exploring historical sites, you must include Cambodia on your agenda for South East Asia.
Some of the top places to explore in Cambodia are Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh, Koh Rong Samloem, Siem Reap, Ratanakiri, Prasat Preah Vihear, Battam Bang, Kampot, Tonle Sap Lake and more.
3) Spain: Spain is a beautiful country with breathtaking natural attractions and scenery; from the exotic mountains to the many shimmering beaches that border its coastlines. Some of the most beautiful spots to visit and discover in Spain are the beaches of Tenerife in Formentera, the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, the Guggenheim in Bilbao, the Camino del Rey in Malaga, and the most picturesque villages like Ronda, Cadaques, and Cudillero.
4) Greece: Greece is a stunning nation with a rich past, present, and culinary heritage. People from all over the world plan vacations here to see different port cities, take pictures of the scenery and chow down on delicious treats. Most of Greece’s landmass and islands are encircled by sea; thus, there are numerous opportunities to engage in adventure sports there. Sailing, kayaking, river rafting, motorcycling, canoeing, rock climbing, and other activities are on the list.
The most preferred Greek islands are Santorini, Mykonos, Paros, Rhodes, Kos, Crete, Skiathos, Corfu, and Zakynthos.
5) South Africa: South Africa is known for its outstanding tourist facilities and wide range of accommodation options, from opulent game lodges and five-star hotels to welcoming rural inns, small hotels, camping grounds, and self-catering accommodations. If an exotic safari, breathtaking deserts, lovely towns, or warm beaches are what you want, South Africa, the southernmost nation on the African continent, has you covered.
Cape Town, Kruger National Park, The Garden Route, Stellenbosch, Drakensberg, Hermanus, Kgalagadi Transnational Park, Johannesburg, Paarl, Mossel Bay, Durban and Port Elizabeth are some of the top tourist attractions in South Africa.
6) Hua Hin – Thailand: Hua Hin is a popular tourist destination in Thailand due to its abundance of sights and activities and the fact that it is close to Bangkok. You can enjoy the city’s amazing beaches, mountains, vistas, temples, night markets, water parks, and excellent dining establishments at any time of the year.
Hua Hin offers a lovely, powdery sand beach, several seafood restaurants by the water, a bustling night market, many beach activities, and a number of fantastic inland activities, not the least of which is golfing at some of Thailand’s most prestigious courses. Visitors can take beach horseback rides and visit a Buddhist temple on a mountaintop with a breathtaking view at Takiab Bay, just a short distance down the coast.
7) Iceland: The island of fire and ice, Iceland, has elevated itself to the top of travellers’ lists worldwide, attracting both nature lovers seeking a unique experience. In this thinly populated nation, which is located at the edge of the Arctic Circle, you may find active volcanoes, natural geysers, hot springs, glaciers, ice fields, and fjords. This is because it is situated atop one of the world’s most volcanically active regions.
Whale Watching at Reykjavik, Blue Lagoon in Grindavik, the northern lights at Aurora Borealis, Hike in Landmannalaugar Nature Reserve, Explore the Skaftafell Ice Cave in Vatnajökull National Park, Askja Caldera, Dettifoss Waterfall, Kirkjufell Mountain in Grundarfjördur and many other are the tourist attraction in Iceland.